Join one of the best PR companies in the world. BPM-PR has an immediate opening for a remote Senior Publicist. BPMPR specializes in Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle and Events however works cross industry for businesses, entertainment, experts, authors, technology and more. Candidates must be self-starters with a passion for PR, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, exhibit sound judgment, have strong written and verbal communication skills, exceptional organizational skills, consistent attention to detail and prioritization of deadlines. Creativity within media angle generation and excellent follow up skills are a must. This Senior Publicist role will report directly to an Account Executive on the BPM-PR Firm team. 3+ years previous PR Agency experience required.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Liaison a daily basis with Clients, in house publicists, and the media.
- Outreach to build new media relationships for clients within the media.
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for opportunities for clients.
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for closed media placements.
- Work as part of a department account team to develop and implement effective PR activity strategies.
- Consistently produce creative content for rotating client pitch letters monthly, including timely responses to current applicable news
- Write pitch letters monthly and distribute to applicable media
- Create and manage angle based media contact lists
- Lock effective media placements for online digital news, print media, Tv and podcasts. if applicable radio.
- Assist with partnership development for clients, sponsorships, award submissions, influencer and celebrity PR campaigns.
- Assist Account Executives in regular preparation of client reports and attend client meetings.
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
- Promote news stories and features to the media.
- Collate, analyze and evaluate incoming media coverage.
- Event work may be required, including press conferences, on site events for fashion, sports, and general promotional.
- Attend and promote client events as needed to media and networks
- Coordinate studio or location photography as well as communicating and managing client sample mailings
- Effectively manage workload for clients you assigned
- Article Creation and quick quote creation when responding for clients as a Source
- 3+ years previous PR Agency experience required
- BS/BA in a discipline related to Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism
- Current established media contacts/ relationships
- Media database knowledge and general media research experience
- Media Calling
- Media database expertise
- Newswire knowledge
- Press Release & Op Ed Writing Experience
- Previous Publicist Experience a must 4+ years
- Media Placement portfolio a must
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of PR for various industries